Saturday, July 29, 2006

Spring is in the air...

Ok so today is colder and showery but at least I can bear to sit in my craft studio and type without several jerseys, 2 wheatsacks and or a heater.



Our first daffodil for this year is out and braving the chilly blast from the south. There are heaps of buds so it won't be lonely for long.

I could have gone out today to a spin in but decided my time at home was more valuable to me than going out and spending money on yarn I didn't really need. You see if I went to a spin in there would be traders and traders mean I would have brought something. All the good intentions in the world would not have meant I could resist.

Now I had recently purchased some books if you remember this.. Well having read the book I really wanted to try out the technique so off to get a 120-150cm circular. Yeah right! Not one to be had. Not stocked in NZ , well not in Wellington that I could find. So after having read this.. decided to visit here and ask Wendy for ideas as to where to best obtain the best. I did considering doing this but after using the circulars we made to knit some of the armour for Lord of the Rings wasn't keen. I found the cord we were using "caught" on the varnish on the dowel. It annoyed me and I wasn't keen to repeat the experience. Perhaps unvarnished would be better.

Now thanks to Wendy mentioning my request on her blog and the kind suggestions and offers from knitters world wide I have now got several long circulars in the air as I write. I decided if I was going to do this that I would get [a] needles I know I enjoy knitting with [b] several as I am a lace knitter, or at least have been and want to get back to it and [c] Stick to your knitting had a sale and the prices seemed the best. At least the postage was not as high and I won't have to wait as long. :) [The new knitpicks have a wait on their order, I haven't tried them and they are heavier in weight, well so I believe. I will try them one day but decided I couldn't wait!]

So once again many thanks for all the kind offers and suggestions via comment and email. The world is in indeed a smaller place these days.

I have been slowly plugging away at this and am now nearly finished with the third and final strip. Just the side triangles to be knitted and the tassels to make. I suddenly remembered that our area exhibition is on in September so need to get busy if I am to finish it in time to enter. The theme is spring and looking out the window ... Yeah right!!! Rain and blustery wind again tonight. I will enter this and this again as well. Will put a low price on the cape and hope to sell it as the colours aren't quite me.

I did a little shopping some brown to go with the dress I want to knit to go with this for the fashion parade next year. Still having trouble getting the main colour for it but hope to pick up some that is close enough once I have finished the latest project. I did fall in love with these and may go back for some more. Shades of autumn..Beautiful Italian yarn.



I have been rather frustated in the lack of time to get the hundred and one projects done. Managed to get a little more weaving done as well as hoe the vegie garden during a dry period between showers. Took the kids up to see their great nana and spent an afternoon watching them play with her cat in the court yard garden. Until it climbed up a pergola and had to be "rescued".

It's back to work tomorrow, a funeral to go to and to help DS2 with the junior school production this week. DGD is a "rainbow" dancer and is all fired up for her first stage appearance. Her Mum is going Wednesday and Dad on Thursday so at least both parents get to see her. These split family situations can be a pain especially when you know who is piggy in the middle.

We have new coins being introduced tomorrow and as I am cashier at work among other things not looking forward to the next few days. Had a bit of work to prepare staff for the change and guess we will have a few problems , not all adapt or pick up new things so well. It will be intesting to see how often we balance this week.

Anway I am off to read the new Simply Knitting , my treat for a busy day with kids. Perhaps some more of Wendy's book and some hot milk. Gyming tomorrow.

I will leave you with this sunset from the other day. It might rain and blow but .......!!!!





Knit on >^..^< See you all again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home