Friday, July 21, 2006

Arrival's

Now call me silly and please excuse the inmature ravings but my parcel from DS1 has arrived! Admitedly can someone please explain how New Zealand became part of Australia!!! Australians please excuse this comment but us Kiwis are rather proud of being independant!

This will explain while having paid an exhorbiant amount for airmail postage it took twice as long to arrive as it should have. [ Really son , I could have waited ... $30US was rather a lot..!!]


[ Reads missent to Sydney....]

Excuse the enthusing but a box full of parcels to unwrap!! I waited until after tea then opened them slowly over the evening. Just to prolong the pleasure. [He had kindly wrapped each item separately.] It gave me such a funny feeling, he had wrapped and touched these...OK I know I am being silly but it has been so long since I have seen and given him a hug.


First up was a grey hoodie with the emblem of his work place. Very useful for walks and gyming.




Next up a couple of friends to keep me company on my knitting light. Again these little guys have jerseys with the emblem on.



Also a lovely table mat, runner. Now the pic doesn't do this justice at all. It is a lovely dusty rose and fawn. It will look great on the lounge coffee table which is very large and a dark wood. It happens to match the new chairs and seatte very well. I will however keep this a while before putting it out as I don't want the kids on it. [ They play down there with the toy box in the corner]






And last but not least three, yes that's right not one but three PC games!! Just my / our sort as well. We have had a lot of pleasure with Age of Empires, Myst etc. It just so happens that I have been a great fan of Agatha Christie for many years, have all the books. So I am really looking forward to playing this one.




As you can see 4 pens as well. Three with tip up moveable figures in and one which will be going straight into my bag to use.

I have missed DS1 so much that to have such a wonderful parcel of things to enjoy and feel close to him is something I just had to share.

But i have also been busy with this... An all day spininng and knitting course with one of out national tutors. We played with spinning mulitcoloured slivers and mixing colour into plying.




We also experimented with patchwork knitting and a sample including a ribbon woven effect. Ok I have to admit that I already knew most of the course content but it was so lovely to sit and spin / knit all day. A rare pleasure. I would so much like to get back into my spinning. It's not like I am short of spinning fibre....!! Hmm better not own up to how many fleeces I have stored away , not to mention slivers. Shhh!! But as usual time is my enemy. Lack of that is. One day... watch this space.

On the knitting front I have got more done than anything else. You can blame the weather here. What else can you do when it is so cold and wet but sit next to the fire and telly and knit.

So I have now finished the second strip to the wrap and have started the third. Pic shows the end of the second being worked.




I have sewn up and ended off all the ends for this. I am now half way around with a knitted on border. Just a plain one 9 sttiches incorporating an knitted I cord edge. This was meant to be a birthday prensent for my Auntie in april but better late than never. i hope to give it to her next time I see her. I also forgot to take a pic of the finished Fetching as I was in such a hurry to send them up to Mum but the came out really well with the little pearls sewn on in the folds of the cables.

Now a pic of the loom and the "inch" which all I have had time to weave as yet. You can see the noverty yarns I am using to make my scarf. It was certainly easy to warp up and the weaving is easy, once I get time that is!





Now some excitement while finally getting to hang some washing out, yeah a fine day. Sun what's that...!!

An Iris and the Camelia is flowering perhaps there is life after winter after all!











Well I am off to bed to read. Kids tomorrow so if it's fine we will be off to the park, feed the ducks etc. My DGS is 5 soon so off to school after the next school holidays. Access visits are changing so every Sunday may be a thing of the past soon. It will seem strange having Sundays to myself again. I supppse I will really miss them... but not at first!!


One bit of good news tho DS2 has been offered a job at the Kindy as teacher aide. He is so wonderful with children and really wants the jobs so this may be a new begining for him as well.

Knit on all , see you soon >^..^<

7 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

What a lovely bundle of news. It's always great to get packages from overseas. Mum sends me silly bits of news from the local paper that she thinks are important but I read it all the same and love it.
In fact I'm waiting for one now. Maybe it's in Syndey or even Wellington!
Cheers Gillian

1:50 pm  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hello from another "Wendy Knits!" reader :)

I too am a Magic Loop knitter and have found some good prices with Tropical Knitter on Ebay - he has a store although you could try the bidding process. He's in Singapore so shipping to you would be pretty quick. You may also want to look at KnitPicks.com since they have just put out their own line of (reasonably priced) needles and offer a long cable. "Everybody" has been raving about them but since I have a ghastly large collection of needles I'm not buying.
Knit on!

10:13 pm  
Blogger April said...

Hi Beverly,

The Yarn Goddess (aka Wendy) mentioned you were looking for circular needles longer than 80cm for the ol' Magic Loop. What size do you knit your socks on and what brand do you prefer? I'll get some in the mail to you this week if you e-mail me your address. Sakkasie@hotmail.com We sock knitters need to stick together. :)

10:44 am  
Blogger Janette said...

Hi Beverley
Wendy mentioned you were looking for circulars longer than 80cm. I stock them in Sydney, so shipping to NZ would not be much.
If you'd like to contact me via email styk AT ozemail dot com dot au I'll direct you to my site.
Cheers from Oz!

12:14 pm  
Blogger Knitting Granny said...

Wendy mentioned your circular needle problem - I don't know if this will help, but if you find some you like and shipping is a problem, you could have them sent to me and I would be happy to forward them to you... If you're interested, just let me know.

5:11 am  
Blogger Knitting Granny said...

I read in Wendy Knits that you're having problems locating affordable circular needles that will ship to your part of the world. I don't know if this would help, but you could have them sent to me and I would happily ship them to you. Just contact me if this would solve the problem. Us knitters gotta stick together!

5:14 am  
Blogger Jeri said...

Wendy says you want some long needles. I'd be glad to help you if you want to try some knitpicks. Their options have the long cables as an option.

I see others have offered but I too will help with forwarding if you like.

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home