Monday, April 03, 2006

What do you think?

Hi

No pics tonight but you might notice one or two changes to the template. Lol!

I am still not completely happy with the pic I have used as the background to the title but at least it worked. I should be able to change it once I can decide on the right pic. I am still playing around with size and font as well as font colour.

I have also been trying to put in a left hand side bar as well as figure out how to post buttons. These two are alluding me at the moment.

One of my biggest bug-bears at the moment is the blogger search bar. Ever since I loaded the percentage bars this has been "squished" to the left. I can't figure out how to get rid of it altogther yet or at least move it back to across the top.

Any ideas, suggestions will be very welcome!!

As for knitting content I have started the second sleeve of my festival jacket, no progress yet on DP's green jersey however. Have also been sorting out the stash I got from the garage sale. Lots of ribbons, zips, braids, elastic etc. Also a small needlcraft book of about the 1950's vintage as well as the crochet cottons and 4 crochet hooks. I am constantly "finding" treasures in the bag, eg pearl beads and curtain rings lots of fun!!

The parcels are on their way so just a waiting game now to see what is accepted. You will all be the first to know!! Or then again may just slink off into the corner if they aren't accepted. The first time I sent away entries I didn't tell anyone. In those days you didn't know if you were accepted until the festival opened. I got a really telling off from my club members, in a nice way as they saw my items there.

Oh that's right my brother has found another car for my Mum so that is great news. She has had a drive in it and is very pleased. It sounds great and a good pricce but I have yet to see it. Know all the important things like it is navy blue!!!

Another bit of excitement, Patches brought in a mouse. Alive this time and dropped it where it promptly ran under the biggest book shelf in the passage. So had to remove the books and things on the top to pull it out from the wall. She caught it again and was promptly hustled outside. She can't seem to see why we aren't falling over her in graditude at her "gifts" to us.!!!

Once again it is bedtime so better be off. Kiddy run starts tomorrow!! sigh... DS#2 sounds to be in a bit of a mood at the moment as well. Can do without that...!

Knit on all... >^..^<>

4 Comments:

Blogger drea said...

Hello...thank you for your kind words on my blog and the tip about the fair in Napier. We found a house in Rotorua that we are moving to next week...so as long as that moves smoothly my partner said we should check it out. Your blog is wonderful as well, I like the template...and yes I agree they are such a wonderful way to stay in touch with family!!

4:48 pm  
Blogger Brahdelt said...

Hello! Thanks for inspiration with your Festival Jacket - I'm knitting on my 20s since last night! (results on my blog).
If you want to remove the Blogger bar give me your email address and I'll send you the whole string of tags to be removed from your html code. I cannot put the tag string here because it's pure html and it's not allowed in the comments.
Happy knitting!

12:22 am  
Blogger Ragnar said...

Wow, congrats on the new look Bev, I'm going to have to take the time to figure out all of that nifty html goodness sometime soon. Really need to get that "links" portion running.

Lookin' good.

10:24 am  
Blogger Gillian said...

Dear Beverley, How lovely it is to leave a message for you again. I had a bit of a hiatus and then I couldn't get the pics to display the story. I hope to send you pics of my bookcases soon, cheers Gillian
ps any news on the cape?You must have on a ribbon at least.

7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home