Thursday, April 13, 2006

A break at last!

I have been looking forward to this weekend so much! A whole couple of days to catch up and do the hundred and one things I have wanting to do for ages. [ And I don't mean housework either!! :) Although some of that will arise I am sure.:(

Perhaps if I list them here they might get done!!! A daily reminder of "Now what about....?"

I would really like to get my craft room cum studio space tidied. What a mess at the moment!! All this stash buying and garage saling is all very well, but one needs to put away! I tend to go in , put down and put away later so you can imagine ....!!!!

As the festival jacket now awaits sewing up, another thing I would like to do this weekend and I am now knitting the yokes of DP's jersey I need another couple of projects to start. A mindless computer blogging one as well as a TV watching one and perhaps a small going away one. Great I get to rifle the stash tomorrow. Already have the projects lining up.

The watch wrist strap for one. Here. My shrug with the greens I have been collecting. I have some white bulky to dye to make a wrap/jacket and a little braclet to crochet. In this.



This is just the tip of the iceberg... I could so easily start several projects including socks. Me socks.....!!! Hm we'll see...watch this space.

Some serious sitting around watching TV, knitting and or reading would be good as well. Two new books arrived at work to day, guess who gets to read them first...shhh!!!



This is the first one, so far looking like a good read.

There is also pinecone gathering to do from our section for the fire. We have a nearly 2 acre section about a 1/2 mile away. It is rather steep with a lot of pine trees that make good fire material. Last year we collected several sacks full but have yet to make the attempt this time. Not to mention gardening and walking and .......I could go on but you get the idea!

Tomorrow tho is going to be devoted to not worring about getting up or having to "do" anything!!! Such a change! I "never" get to lie about so will enjoy immensely. The arm is a bit sore tho so hope it doesn't keep me awake, got my flu jab today.

I also went around and helped Lily as she had a dress up as a story book character today. She really wanted to be Cinderella but we settled for Snow white. I used to make so many costumes when my kids were little, white wizards, knights, etc but working eats into ones time.. drat work! I suppose I do need to eat!!??

Oops !! This was around the right way when I went to load it. Now how did that happen? You will have to look sideways , lol until I figure this one out.



The day started so well this is the sunrise..note sunrise. It turned the harbour all pink including the water. Very beautiful.



Hm at this rate the sun will be up before I finish this post I am away to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Knit on >^..^<

2 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

What a lovely list of plans and wishes. I hope you have a really good weekend and get stuck into lots of them including the lie-in
Happy Easter, cheers Gillian

10:29 am  
Blogger Heide said...

Beverly, I stumbled onto your site through Ferg's site. This pink sky is beautiful and I love your knitting. I will come back and check out what you're doing from time to time just to see what knitters in the southern hemisphere are creating! Happy knitting, Heide

3:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home