Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A "quickie"

Considering the lateness of the hour, ie well past bedtime this will be a quick post.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are "down" days for me. Since DS2 split from his partner and has become main carer for his two children I play a "hands on" granny. On these two days I get up early , get ready and make lunch. Then around to his place to get the two kids, 4 & 5 years old up and ready to go. I drop one at school and the other either at daycare or kindy. After work I pick up one from school and the other from daycare, take them home and give them tea while we wait for "daddy" to come home from work. So I start the day before 7 and don't get home until after 8. Loooooooooooong day!!

But yipee tonight is Wedensday so no kids now until Saturday night when their Mum drops them off after access. Don't get me wrong love them to bits but they do eat into my free time... free time what's that!!! lol.

So I haven't finished the sewing up yet on my cape but wanted to wait until I wasn't so tired. But did get the front nearly finished on the jesery I am knitting for my DP. Once I have done the sleeves will know how much yarn I have so will then do the yokes on the front and back. Can use a contrast if running short.

I have also done nearly 2/3 of the wrap I was asked to knit for my Aunts friend. Hope to have this finished by the time I next visit. So that means this weekend!!

No sauce making yet that will have to wait until Saturday. If I don't have to work that is as I am back up this week. Nobody better go sick I have plans!!

But am really excited!! DS#1 , who has been living and working in Washington, the city for the nearly 3 years is applying for a job in New Zealand. This would be great as , not that he would like me saying so I have missed him a lot. Has a great sense of humor!!! Will try not to count my chickens before they hatch tho. It may not happen. I would have loved to visit him. Especially at christmas time, have always wanted a white one. Haven't been able to afford it tho.

Anyway off to bed to get some sleep.

Knit on >^..^<

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But am really excited!! DS#1 , who has been living and working in Washington"

Make that Washington DC, Washington is a state.
In fact you'd be better off saying Maryland and forgetting Washington altogether.

5:10 am  
Blogger Gillian said...

Christmas would have been white whichever Washington/DC. Even the original one in North East England offers a good snow covering most winters. Cheers Gillian

9:47 am  
Blogger Beverley said...

Thanks! Always get a little confused with the 2 Washingtons. Which is why I always put "the city" after the name. Will call it Maryland from now on!

Seriously tho would love to visit. Wonder if I could hit the DS2 up with the air fare to visit him before he leaves!! lol

3:15 pm  
Blogger Beverley said...

oops that was a telling slip of the key meant ask DS1 for the airfare!!! lol

3:19 pm  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hi, Beverley, If you email me on fergusson@ozemail.com.au with your email I'll forward you the stuff I have on loading pics and buttons. Cheers Gillian

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home