Saturday, March 25, 2006

I won't be cold this winter!!


Hmmmm.... My olympic cape at last is finished. I am still not sure if I like it or not. Here is a picture of the back view. I am not being "coy" but by the time I got home [ and inside ] it was dark and the front shots didn't come out so well so will try again tomorrow. But as promised at least you can see the back.
The colours don't show up as clear as I would like. The flash I suppose, so you can't quite see all the shades and weaving. But at least enough to get an idea.
No wonder it took so long to knit... The "thing" is rather large!! Like wearing a small blanket so should be very warm.


I much prefer the latest project , my orange festival jacket. By the way I am nearly half way up to the armholes on this. I did have a couple of false starts and then decided it was turning out a little wide so unpicked and started again. I have had to stop and knit the back separately than the fronts as the needles were not long enough to take the thickeness. Shame as I am not keen on sewing up.
What's that you say...?? Dp's green jersey?? I have been working on it but after ripping back half the sleeves because they were turning out too long and I had to move the increases closer together I am now nearly back to where I was. Promise to get back to it before it is too cold. [ Had better hurry if this weather keeps up!!}
Talking about weather.. day light saving went back last Saturday and it seems as if Autumn has arrived. We have had wet, windly and chilly weather all week. As a result we have been flat out at work. Oh where do I work?? At a public library and of course what do you do when not out side at the beach or in the garden ?? At home with a good book! So we were flat out today...5 hours on my feet running around. Tired tonight is a bit of an understatement.
Still I get Monday off work so at least can get some things done around here. Sitting down and knitting in front of telly and a good movie would be good but I suppose mundane things such as washing etc need some attention. Dare I mention tomatoes. We have had such an awesome crop this year. I don't think I have ever seen so many. After having a week of bad weather thought they may have died off somewhat but picked 2-3 buckets full tonight. So guess I will be peeling tomatoes again tomorrow...sigh! We also have the kids for the day so not much knitting tomorrow.
Well that is me today ,not much has happened.
Knit on all. >^..^<
PS perhaps blogging helps us see what we have done....!!!
"I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done." Marie Curie
How true this statement can be..!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Marie has hit the nail on the head with that comment. I've often wondered if we are too late in history to be able to come up with any more great sayings!
You have done so much, well done and give youself a pat on the back. I'm looking forward to a more detailed view of the cape.
Cheers Gillian

9:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home