Monday, March 06, 2006

Digressions

Hi all, I suppose you may wonder where I have been!! Busy peeling tomatoes for the most part of the weekend. 22 lbs in fact!! The garden went into over time while I was otherwise busy with Olympic knitting.

So 2x tomato relish and 14 lbs into soup and I have at least made a start on the back log. Sauce making next!! It has certainly been a bumper year for them.

Anyway as promised Janey here is the recipe for Courgette cheese pie. I hope I am not breaking any copywrite issues here but the origins of this recipe have disappeared some what as it is from a friend of a friend of a friend!!

"Courgette Cheese Pie"

!/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 cups grated courgettes
1 cup baking mix
1/2 cup oil
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
4 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the cheese, courgettes, baking mix, oil and parsley together in a large bowl.

In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs and seasoning.

Add to the larger bowl and pour into a greased 23 cm pie plate.

Bake at 190 C for 40 minutes.

I added powdered chicken stock instead of salt and pepper. You can also add chopped dried tomatoes. I thought that the next time I make it I would add some sauted onion as well as cottage cheese. I prefer tasty cheese as well but this is a matter of preference.

Anyway a very easy and tasty dish, lovely with a tomato and salad.

As for knitting??!! Well I am slowly sewing my cape together. Only one more strip and a few ends to finish then I will cast off the bottom. It is looking good. It feels surprisingly good on. Warm and cosy and not as heavy as I feared. I think I will enter it in our Creative fibre exhibition in April along with the basket. Oh and I have started a new jersey/sweater!! Have done the back to the armholes and front is one third done. Can't keep a good girl down. Mind you it is a nice easy stocking stitch one altho I plan on a patterned yoke. Pixs to follow.

Speaking of the festival , getting rather excited about this!! Arranged the accommodation today. Rather lucky to be able to share with a nice Westporter, hi Beryl!!! Within easy walking distance from the main venue as well. This will be good as I am taking my Mum. We are looking forward to this first trip away together since both our husbands died. Better hide the credit card with all those trades oh dear I can see the stash increasing already. Especially as I seem to have so many ideas since KO.

www.creativefibre.org.nz Here is our National web site for any interested readers. Just click and check out our festival 2006 and you will see where we are going and what we are getting up to. At least this time I will have a camera to share with you all!! My first exhibiton entry was in the 1985 festival in Hastings as I had learnt to spin the year before. So this is a little like turning back the clock at a new begining as I am just starting to get back into it again. I also had an entry in the fashion parade that time as well. Ah well there is always next year.

Ah well it is getting late and two new knitting mags are calling.

Knit on >^..^<

2 Comments:

Blogger Ragnar said...

That cape is very impressive. Somehow it never occured to me to combine knitting and weaving, but I guess I'll have to rethink that now.

10:53 am  
Blogger Beverley said...

I don't much care how people spell Beverley, always spelt it with an "ley" then discovered when I went 4 years ago for my passport that it had been registered as "ly"!!!

Sp for over 40 years have spelt my name wrong. Decided to stay with wha t i was used to but it was a shock at the time!

Must admit that I don't much like "Bev" tho!

Thanks for the tip about the flag.

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home