Monday, March 20, 2006

Bargains!!

Hi all just a quick post tonight.

Thought I would show you all what I picked up on Saturday at a local fair.First up was a couple of supermarket bags of odd yarn. Mostly acrylic etc but some good fawn. All will come in handy in the stash. Even if just to give the grand daughter to knit dolls clothes with. Might protect my more precious fibre!! The finer cones are good for plying with handspun to make novelty yarns. Can even knit with several strands together.




Next , I was pleased to get this ball. After trying for weeks to get similar for a project and coming to the realization that it didn't seem available any more have finally got a ball!!



But the one I am really pleased with and also the reason for buying the above as they came in the bag with this treasure....!!!! Nearly 250 grams of some yarn from my favourite supplier. The Little Wool co. The tag was still in the bag so I know it was originally $21.




I managed to get all this yarn for $5NZ so was really chuffed at this. But the next pic shows what I am really pleased about. I wanted one of these when they were first released. Now with the use of felted knitted and dying knitting and unpicking and reknitting this little item will come in very handy.






Yes a knitting machine. But not just any one. I already have a big machine which I don't use much as it uses mostly fine yarns and I much prefer handknitting anyway. This one will knit double knitting weight, 8ply. So I will be able to try some out some projects in dying and felting. Should even knit up finer hand spun. Am keen to try this out but must get one or two other outstanding projects finished. It came with all the attachments etc including a pattern book. This only cost me $20NZ!!

So all in all a good find. Even if I had to get some yarns I might not normally buy. Anyway better be off. Someone else wants the internet connection.

I have at least done all the beetroot tonight. Back to tomatoes later in the week. :( also the kids the next two days so may not be able to post again till Thursday. I am working on the second pin for my cape so will show you both and give you a choice. Off the find my society number to put on the entry form for the exhibition.

Knit on all and a good night!!

3 Comments:

Blogger mumblingmonkey said...

Wow! Those are some great deals. Sounds like you had a lot of fun... :)

5:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you sure got yourself some amazing yarn! I'm already looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with it! Have fun knitting it up!

10:44 pm  
Blogger Gillian said...

I am definitely a bit jealous about all that. It got me looking at my own stash and then at my Bendigo catalogue. I need more yarn!, cheers Gillian

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home