Wednesday, March 01, 2006

UFO's to Fo's at last!!




Finally, drum roll here I have finished the knitting on my Olympic cape!

It is all "woven" together and I just have to figure out how to finish it off! Seriously tho I am going to pin it all with safety pins, much as quilters do quilts then I can lift it up onto my knee and begin the ending off ends and sewing strips together bit.

This will sure beat crawling around on the floor to do it. My back is not as young as it used to be. Will have to fight off the cat, she thinks it is her exclusive mat now!

I used a provisional cast-on and haven't cast off the ends so I can adjust the length and also graft the ends to the bands at centre front. I hope to "snuggle" up the strips as I sew so may have to undo a little at the other end. I am more pleased with it than I thought. It will certainly be warm as it is mostly a double thickness. [ Plans afoot for a blanket now! ] I am hopeful that it will be reversible if I sew neatly that is.

Altho I had wondered about lining it. See pics of bag that I finished just before the olympics began. With that I crocheted the base , picked up and knitted strips up then knittted strips and wove them in. Added a knitted top, flowers and then lined with a stiff lining to make it more "basket" like and then added wooden handles. Rather pleased with this one!

So hence wondering about a silk lining. But we will see. Also have to figure out a pin to fasten it.

Off to hunt out the next couple of projects , need some knitting to carry around.

Knit on !! >^..^<

2 Comments:

Blogger Gillian said...

Oh Beverley, I'm just so impressed and not just by the gorgeous knitting. I have only been blogging a short while and have so enjoyed surfing around all the knitting blogs but yours made me stop and re-read everything and have a real think. I shall follow yours and contact you again, I'm sure. Cheers Gillian

6:19 pm  
Blogger Beverley said...

Thanks for the comment, yes please any suggesttions re photos or linking. My biggeset problem is time of course!! Computers seem to eat up time!!

Thanks

11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home